Senior Software Engineer - Speech Recognition
SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 265 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products....we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the core group working on many of SoundHound’s exciting technologies, including novel algorithms in large vocabulary speech recognition as well as statistical language modeling techniques that use natural language understanding (NLU). People in this group have a strong natural interest in topics such as:
- Statistical machine learning (neural networks, support vector machines, Bayesian networks)
- Speech recognition algorithms, finite state transducers (FST), natural language understanding
- Background in computer science or equivalent, at masters or PhD level
- Experience working with large software systems that are scalable
- Good knowledge of algorithms, dynamic programming, probability/statistics
- Familiarity with various modeling techniques
- Proven experience and competence with C++ on Unix/Linux
- Should be handy with a scripting language such as Perl/Python
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in working with large vocabulary speech recognition systems
- Past experience in building statistical language models using large text corpora
- Experience with neural networks in language modeling
- Experience with class-based language models
How to Apply:
- Please send us your resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letters will not be considered. Tell us why you would like to work at SoundHound in particular!
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top