Senior Software Engineer - Server-side Scalable Systems
SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products....we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
About the Role:
We are working on building systems that will power innovative products we anticipate will be very disruptive in the near future. In this role, you will join a small core team currently in the process of writing large new systems from scratch. You'll join in that effort and write a lot of code from day one, but will also pivot soon towards preparing these systems for production launch. This is the perfect chance to wear several hats and leverage every aspect of your coding skills, design skills, and in-the- trenches experience to help us build something that will soon be used and loved by hundreds of millions of users.
- You have a battle-tested ability to build highly scalable systems, and a sense of adventure
- You have mature coding skills, enabling you to meet aggressive deadlines while producing maintainable systems
- You enjoy being part of a small team responsible for systems that directly power the experience of millions of users every day
- You love writing code, reviewing code, deprecating code, and mentoring others
- Lots of hands-on coding, testing, and scripting in a linux environment
- Prepare new systems for launch, including load testing and other operational tasks
- Debug existing problems, while rapidly iterating on existing functionality
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and act as a responsive 'service owner'
- Proficient in Java and one or more scripting languages
- Experience working with large-scale Linux-based systems in production
- Good judgement about when and where to leverage common server-side technologies
- Self motivated and able to contribute in a fast-paced team environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to haves:
- Experience building API's to support apps on iOS, Android
- Experience working with large catalogs of real-world / messy data
- Experience addressing issues like security and DDOS
- Familiarity with web crawling and related concepts
- Proficiency with both SQL and NoSQL systems
How to Apply:
- Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top