Senior Software Engineer, Recognition Algorithms (C++)
- Toronto, Canada
Our mission is to build software that allows people to use their voice to get what they want. SoundHound’s Voice AI platform enables everything from cars to coffee machines to understand what you say and to intelligently respond. We do this by leveraging deep neural networks to build a full suite of voice technologies. Of course, this is easier said than done!
Pulling this off requires a scalable and accurate recognition engine that can run in a cost effective manner. That’s where you come in. We are looking for someone who thrives in an algorithmically intense and hands-on environment. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Recognition Engine team, you will collaborate with deep learning teams to research and implement production-ready recognition solutions. We are currently working on speaker recognition, speaker diarization, and end-to-end speech recognition.
If you enjoy using your creativity to continuously re-architecting the software design of critical systems, this job is for you!
In this role you will:
- Design and implement algorithmic solutions to graph theoretic problems that arise in speech recognition
- Collaborate with seasoned machine learning engineers to develop a faster and more accurate voice recognition solution
- Spend much of your time coding, testing, and scripting in a Linux environment
- Learn about various speech technology domains like speaker recognition and speaker diarization
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have at least five years of relevant industry experience
- You have a Master’s degree in Computer Science or in a related quantitative discipline
- You take pride in writing clean C++ code in a Linux environment where efficiency matters
- You are proficient in Perl, Python or a similar scripting language
- You possess a deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms, with an ability to innovate
We’d be especially excited if you are familiar with search / relevance algorithms and speech recognition concepts.
At SoundHound Inc., we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, we’re trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. We’re making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app and Hound voice assistant and through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, and Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists and linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, and a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.
Back to top