Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Algorithms
- Paris, France
At SoundHound Inc., we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, we’re trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. We’re making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app and Hound voice assistant and through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, and Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists and linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, and a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.
About the Role:
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join the core group working on Speech Recognition at SoundHound
- Work on building Statistical Language Models for various languages
- Work on various Natural Language Processing problems like data normalization, Text segmentation, Part of Speech tagging, Named Entity Recognition, Spelling correction etc
- Mentor other engineers on the team
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficient in Java or C++ or Python
- Strong programming skills and ability to write clean code
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Advanced level fluency (written and spoken) in one or more of the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Hebrew, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Polish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing algorithms
- Familiarity with Hadoop/MapReduce/Spark and other relevant infrastructure
Back to top