Senior Software Engineer, Cross-Platform (C++)
- Toronto, Canada
SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
As part of our Cross-Platform team, you will be optimizing resource consumption and integrating SoundHound’s speech technology into edge devices. We support SoundHound’s Houndify Voice AI platform and solutions such as automatic speech recognition (ASR), wake words, natural language understanding (NLU), and text-to-speech (TTS).
You will join a passionate and creative team that is distributed across our Berlin, Paris, and Santa Clara offices.
In this role you will:
- Take on challenging embedded projects and deploy our software on various platforms
- Adapt our ASR technology to efficiently run on embedded boards
- Collaborate with core speech and machine learning teams
- Provide technical guidance to more junior team members
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have at least ten years of industry experience, primarily in cross-platform development
- You are well-versed in system profiling and multi-threaded programming
- You have spent considerable time writing production-level C++ code in a Linux oenvironment
- You are proficient in Bash, Python, or Perl
- You are self-motivated and committed to producing quality work
- You enjoy solving difficult problems while bringing out the best in your teammates
We’d be especially excited if you have experience running deep learning networks on edge devices. A background in CUDA, SNPE, OpenCL, Arm NN, or the like, would be very relevant. Also, don’t forget to mention if you have a background in AI and NLU.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!
Back to top