Senior Software Engineer - C++ Algorithms
Algorithms are at the heart of what we do here at SoundHound. In our mission to make audio-based searching as accurate, cost-effective, and scalable as text-based searching, we have re-invented many wheels, sometimes turning conventional search wisdom on it's head, and often solving problems that have never had scalable solutions before (such as our sing/hum based search engine). In this role, you'll be part of a small and highly talented team working on evolving our speech recognition technologies, and continuing to innovate at an industry-leading pace.
- You love algorithms, and the challenge of writing scalable solutions to complex problems
- You are a fast learner, with strong coding skills which enable you to meet aggressive deadlines while producing maintainable code
- You enjoy being part of a small team and wearing multiple hats
- You love working on open ended problems that have never been solved before
- Lots of hands-on coding, testing, and scripting in a linux environment
- Design and implement algorithmic solutions to non-trivial problems
- Analyze and improve existing algorithmic solutions (making them faster and more accurate)
- Learn new domains quickly when necessary
- Experience writing code in a context where efficiency matters
- Strong coding skills in C/C++
- Deep grasp of algorithms and data-structures, with ability to innovate
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages
- Strong command of Linux environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to haves:
- Experience with search/relevance algorithms
- Exposure to Natural Language Processing and related concepts
- Exposure to speech recognition related concepts
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning.
Mission: Houndify everything.
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top