Senior Software Engineer - Android
SoundHound’s Engineering team builds products enjoyed by over 300 million users around the globe, and maintains a set of SDKs giving developers easy access to our Voice AI platform, Houndify.
Our Mobile Engineering team at SoundHound is responsible for shipping not one, but two revolutionary applications. SoundHound, one of the most popular Music and Search applications in the Google Play Store, and Hound, the ground-breaking personal assistant you can speak to naturally. In this position, you'll play a key role in leveraging SoundHound's cutting-edge backend technology to delight our hundreds of millions of users around the globe. You, along with your tight-knit team of passionate, innovative, and highly-collaborative Engineers, will create polished and innovative mobile experiences. You believe things like SoundHound's unique 'LiveLyrics' feature, and Hound's ability to understand natural speech are awesome, and would relish the opportunity to sign your name to even cooler features within future products. Sound good? Read on!
- Architect and drive development using the latest Android standards
- Transform concepts and specifications into reality within our Android applications
- Use the latest processes and tools in software development to both craft solutions and track progress
- Published an app, either individually or as part of a team, that is live on the Google Play Store
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal
- Fluency in and a deep knowledge of Android and Java programming
- Knowledge of object oriented design and patterns
- Experience with server API driven development
- Enthusiasm for working in a high-profile, fast-paced startup. We ship to millions of people on a regular basis, with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with one or more of the following: low latency audio, low latency networking, performance analysis, third party SDK’s (Facebook, Fabric, etc.)
- Worked on an app that has scaled to millions of users
- Great insight into product features and what users want
SoundHound turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning. We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. We achieve this through a suite of products:
- Hound - leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience.
- SoundHound - applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. #truestory
- Houndify - our platform that empowers developers to be part of the Speech-to-Meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.
Back to top