Senior Signal Processing Engineer, Audio Enhancement
- Toronto, Canada
SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
We are looking for an experienced Signal Processing Engineer who will help improve the automatic speech recognition (ASR) performance in a wider range of scenarios. We address challenging noise environments including high wind, background TV, and other difficult non-stationary noise. You will be able to reduce the negative impact of these noises on our speech-to-meaning pipeline.
Our audio enhancement team works closely with various speech group members. We are distributed across several North American and European offices and place a high value on the creativity that emerges from our diverse backgrounds.
In this role you will:
- Lead high-impact speech enhancement projects that will improve the ASR performance
- Perform R&D to design innovative audio signal processing technologies for speech enhancement
- Implement and evaluate signal processing algorithms
- Provide technical guidance to junior members
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have five plus years of relevant industry experience
- You graduated with a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- You are experienced with DSP algorithms, especially in the context of audio
- You have worked on speech enhancement problems such as noise reduction, acoustic echo cancellation, gain control, microphone arrays, beamforming, or source separation
- You possess a deep understanding of Fourier transforms, discrete signals, and filter design
- You able able to write production-level C++ code and have a working knowledge of MATLAB
We’d be especially excited if you have experience working with automatic speech recognition systems. Also, please let us know if you have a machine learning background and are familiar with frameworks such as Tensorflow and PyTorch.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!
Back to top