Senior Research Scientist, Speech Recognition
- Toronto, Canada
In this role you will:
- Lead high impact Speech Recognition projects with the potential to reach two billion end users
- Research state-of-the-art methods in Automatic Speech Recognition
- Provide technical leadership to Machine Learning engineers to prototype and productionize promising methods
We would love to hear from you if:
- You bring at least 10 years of experience with Automatic Speech Recognition systems
- You have a Ph.D. in Speech Recognition
- You have a deep knowledge of ASR technologies such as acoustic modeling, language modeling, neural networks, HMM, WFST, and feature extraction
- You possess hands-on experience in ASR tool kits such as Sphinx, Kaldi, HTK, and Julius
- You have extensive software engineering experience
Even better if:
- You have research work or publications pertaining to applying Deep Learning methods to Speech Recognition
- You possess deep fluency in academic fields relevant to Speech Recognition
- You have experience in computer vision and pattern recognition
- You have knowledge of DSP principles, noise reduction, and echo cancelation
At SoundHound Inc., we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, we’re trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. We’re making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app and Hound voice assistant and through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, and Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists and linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, and a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.
Back to top