Senior Research Engineer, Machine Learning (Text-to-Speech)
- Toronto, Canada
At SoundHound Inc., our mission is to enable humans to interact with the world the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
We seek an experienced Research Engineer whose contributions will significantly advance our core technologies. High-visibility research areas include text-to-speech, automatic speech recognition, wake-phrase detection, speaker verification, and speech enhancement. For this particular role, you will start by innovating deep neural network approaches for text-to-speech. You will have an opportunity to deploy your work on big brands like Snapchat, Motorola, Honda, and Mercedes-Benz.
As a member of the Speech Team, you will work closely with teammates across North America and Europe. This role will be a great fit if you do your best work when given room to take ownership and show your ingenuity. We believe that leveraging our diverse perspectives and creativity will result in leading-edge voice AI products.
In this role you will:
- Lead high-impact machine learning projects
- Focus on production-driven research that requires ground-breaking innovation
- Push the state of the art in production-viable text-to-speech (TTS) technology
- Collaborate with core R&D teams working on world-class ML products
We would love to hear from you if:
- You are well-versed in machine learning fundamentals: optimization, probability, statistics, and linear algebra
- You have a track record of leading high-impact machine learning projects in an industry setting
- You write efficient, production-level Python or C++ code in a Linux environment
- You are humble and data-driven when making decisions
- You graduated with a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science
We’d be especially excited to hear from you if you have experience with text-to-speech deep learning algorithms. Be sure to mention if you have done research work or are published in machine learning or language technologies.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success. We are also committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its job application and interview process for individuals with disabilities.
We are intentional about fostering an environment where everyone feels supported. Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!
Back to top