Senior Machine Learning Scientist, Natural Language Processing
- Paris, France
SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Scientist to innovate Natural Language Processing techniques used for Automatic Speech Recognition. As a scientist on the Language Modeling team, you will collaborate with other researchers, software engineers, and product managers to deliver Machine Learning models with state-of-the-art accuracy. Your work will have a direct impact on the solutions we provide to customers like Mercedes Benz and Deutsche Telekom.
You will enjoy seeing your Machine Learning research lead to improved language model accuracy and the creation of language models for languages not yet in production. Our team, which is distributed across our offices in North America and Europe, is currently exploring areas such as Deep Learning-based Neural Language Models and End-to-End ASR.
In this role you will:
- Research state-of-the-art methods in language modeling
- Prototype and productionize novel Machine Learning models
- Solve Natural Language Processing problems including punctuation correction, text segmentation, and diacritization
- Mentor other team members and teach them what you have learned about best research practices
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have at least three years of relevant industry experience
- You have a Ph.D. in Computer Science or in a related quantitative discipline
- You have publications or extensive research work in Natural Language Processing
- You are adept at machine learning algorithms
- You take pride in writing clean Python, Java or C++ code
- You thrive in a culture that values diversity, community, and growth
- You love to learn and share your knowledge with teammates
We’d be especially excited if you have experience training Deep Neural Network models on GPU clusters and possess deep fluency in academic fields relevant to statistical language models. Be sure to mention if your research has centered around applying Deep Learning methods to Natural Language Processing.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!
Back to top