Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Speech Recognition
- Toronto, Canada
SoundHound’s voice AI products make it easier for people to engage with the world around them while allowing customers to extend their brand in a meaningful way. As more companies across multiple industries adopt a “voice-first” approach, we couldn’t be more excited about the future!
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer who brings with them a desire to deliver best-in-class Automatic Speech Recognition. While speech and language technologies have advanced considerably in the last decade, there are still many unsolved problems. You will research novel Machine Learning techniques and push winning ideas to production. We contribute to R&D efforts in areas such as embedded acoustic modeling, voice biometrics, pattern recognition, text-to-speech, and speech enhancement.
As a member of our Acoustic Modeling team, you will collaborate with teammates in Canada, Germany, France, and the United States. Right now, our Canada-based employees are working from home. We will support remote work in Canada until there is consensus from health and government officials that it is safe to reopen our Toronto office.
In this role you will:
- Innovate machine learning solutions to deliver amazing experiences to customers
- Invent and deploy machine learning models for our Houndify AI platform
- Design and implement production level code
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to solve technical challenges
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have at least five years of full-time industry experience in machine learning or pattern recognition
- You possess a Master's degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative discipline
- You are motivated to keep up with modern machine learning techniques
- You enjoy algorithms and probability / statistics
- You're comfortable working in a Linux environment
- You take pride in writing clean C++ or Python code
- You're familiar with Deep Learning frameworks like TensorFlow and Pytorch
We'd be especially excited if you are experienced in researching and prototyping innovative ideas and shipping software solutions for speech recognition, speaker recognition, or speech enhancement.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to who we are. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
We are purposeful about fostering an environment where everyone feels supported. Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/. Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!
Back to top