Senior Designer - Mobile
SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 265 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products....we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
The Senior Designer is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, finalizing and maintaining projects and features for a particular segment within the SoundHound application. He/She will also work closely with Product Managers and Engineers to address project requirements. The role requires that He/She is able to take direction but also make decisions independently. A Senior Designer also mentors other designers and enforces good design practices within the organization. As a team player, and potential team leader, the Senior Designer helps build consensus among all cross-functional teams, ensuring that their project goes on to a shipping product. Attention to detail and excellent time management skills are paramount, as this role will be responsible for high profile work.
- Conceptualize and brainstorm ideas for new or existing problems
- Create prototypes or similar to demonstrate ideas or prove a concept
- Develop visual content and create layouts for information and design the aesthetics for new and existing UI elements
- Work with product managers, senior design staff, and engineering to determine design feasibility and discover issues
- Create and manage visual and interaction specification documents for engineering
- Conduct and review user research, relaying findings to senior design staff, engineers, and stakeholders
- Present final hi-fidelity proposals to design, engineering, product teams and stakeholders, post approval
- Excellent time management skills, works to delivers projects on time, mindful of other projects in the roadmap
- Mentor and present educational topics to fellow designers and cross-functional team members
- 7+ years experience required (or portfolio equivalent), HCI design experience
- Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in Web, Graphic, HCI, Information design, or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience in a specialized capacity (Visual, Interaction, or both)
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or other design applications
- Experience designing for both Android and iOS
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- 4-7 years of experience designing delightful consumer-oriented mobile products
- Clear and concise communication and organization skills
- Proven ability to conceptualize and communicate ideas with design rationale
- Desire to cultivate an understanding of industry trends and apply relevant techniques and processes to your work
- Open-minded approach to problem-solving
How to Apply:
Send us your resume, electronic portfolio, and cover letter explaining why you belong at SoundHound.
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top