SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning.
We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to-meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.
Summary of Position:
The best brands feel “alive”. We infuse them with personality in hopes they’ll make a meaningful emotional connection. But what if your brand actually felt alive… and its brand personality was its actual personality? That’s our opportunity. Here at SoundHound Inc, we’re delivering transformative voice-enabled AI technology to change the way we interact with the world around us.
With our DNA in music and human interaction, we thrive on creativity, innovation, and communication. We understand that the connection between a user and our products must be strong and empowering. The Marketing team is looking for a Marketing Copywriter who understands how every connection to the customer is an opportunity to strengthen this relationship.
We’re a design and engineering-driven environment, with a team who’s worked with the best of the best in design. The ideal Marketing Copywriter will bring a passion for delivering thoughtful and beautiful messages, and an excitement for the type of future we’re delivering.
The Marketing Copywriter is an important and impactful role within SoundHound’s marketing organization. Collaborating with product and design, this role will focus on ensuring a unified, ownable voice across all SoundHound’s communication channels. This role requires flexibility, intellectual and operational agility, and a strong bias for action. This is an exciting opportunity to put your well honed writing skills and boundless creative energy to work in an environment filled with passionate people, exceptional talent and a truly unique mission.
• Partner with marketing and product leadership to define the voice of SoundHound and our products.
• Bring SoundHound’s brand voice to life in product, sales, and advertising materials and across all media channels
• Systematically ideate, refine, and optimize effective acquisition copy
• Concept and deliver performance based conversion copy in active funnel tests and collateral assets
• Deliver commercially-focused brand and marketing copy across all media platforms
• Ensure we’re delivering an integrated and consistent voice and messaging across all channels
• Partner with marketing and product teams to develop and deliver seasonal creative strategies and creative concepts for key promotions
• Develop scripts for multiple formats including long and short format video
Example Campaigns / Projects
• Update SoundHound’s Brand book
• Update SoundHound’s writing guidelines
• Revise marketing pages copy
• Welcome and sales email copy
• Funnel copy - Ongoing
• Sales pitch decks
• Case studies
• Video scripts
• Social media display copy
• Review/edit blog posts
• Product support
• Familiarity with technology products, across consumer and B2B
• Comfortable in a startup environment, but ready to embrace growth and scale
• Conceptual thinker, who understands the role of technology in society
• Knowledge of a range of channels: Digital, video, print, and event
• Advanced degree or certification in writing from a recognized institution
• Managed a team in a creative capacity as copywriter, within a company or agency (nice to have)
And we have all the important stuff: Friendly collaborative culture, free lunches, snacks, happy hours, and stock options. With our $75M Series D funding announcement in January, we’ve got all the momentum we need to grow -- a perfect time to join!
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top