Mandarin Language Speaker & Software Engineer – Speech Recognition and NLU
If you are a software developer that is excited to combine your native language skills with great software programming chops, this opportunity is for you!
We are looking for someone who loves languages, is a skilled software developer, is proficient in English and is a native, fluent speaker in one of the following languages:
- Portuguese (Brazil or Portugal)
Prior NLU or AI programming experience NOT REQUIRED!
You will be learning and using the most advanced technologies in the fields of Natural Language Understanding, Speech, Search, and AI, all built in-house here at SoundHound over the past 10 years!
We’ve worked hard to build a platform that enables individual developers to implement deep natural language user experiences very rapidly, often within days. Your job will be to help us apply that platform to your native language-specific use cases!
- You love your native language! Your dream job is to dig deeper into you language skills and combine that with your coding skills to create amazing local experiences.
- You are excited about being one of the first people to become proficient in a new programming paradigm.
- You want to build the systems that improve the lives of millions of users everyday.
- You notice opportunities to improve the end user experience and are proactive about getting the details right.
- You are a fast learner with strong software development skills, enabling you to meet aggressive deadlines while producing scalable and maintainable systems.
- High quality native language skills (speech, vocabulary, grammar, reading and writing)
- Proficient in C/C++ and at least one scripting language
- Excellent algorithms skills, and ability to write efficient code
- Comfortable working in Linux environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with data conditioning and relevance algorithms
- Experience manipulating and managing large amounts of data
- Experience working with third-party APIs or datasets
- Experience working in a client-server Agile development environment.
- Familiarity with web crawling and related concepts
- Familiarity with text search and related systems
- Music lover and puzzle solver!
See these examples of our technology is capable of in English:
At SoundHound Inc., we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, we’re trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. We’re making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app and Hound voice assistant and through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, and Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists and linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, and a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Keyvan M.Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top