Machine Learning Engineer - Language Modeling (Portuguese)
SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us! After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products....we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
About the Role:
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join the core group working on Speech Recognition at SoundHound
- Work on building large scale Statistical Language Models, a critical system in Speech Recognition
- Run experiments and tune parameters to improve Statistical Language Models
- Build prototypes to explore novel methods/algorithms to improve the Statistical Language Models
- Identify new techniques to explore, prototype them, and then implement winning ideas in production
- Proficient in Java and at least one scripting language
- Excellent algorithms skills, and ability to write efficient code
- Deep fluency with academic fields relevant to Statistical Language Modeling
- Experience building production systems based on Machine Learning lifecycle
- Full professional proficiency in Portuguese
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with MapReduce/Spark and other relevant infrastructure
- Familiarity with DNN, class-based language modeling, and other relevant techniques
- Experience working with large text corpora and speech-related technologies
- Experience building large scale crawlers
- Experience working with Lucene, Nutch, Elasticsearch
- Please send us your resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top