Soundhound has amassed a global user community of well over 300 million strong, utilizing our portfolio of core technologies and award winning products. We incorporated NLU, AI and machine learning to create amazing speech-to-messaging products and platforms. If you haven’t downloaded SoundHound and Hound from the App Store, do it today, and have some fun with the apps!
We just recently opened our San Francisco engineering office to enable those who reside in the North Bay to be a part of SoundHound without the hassle of a long commute to the South Bay. Did we mention that we are at the corners of Market and Sutter? Our front door is 5 steps away from the Montgomery Street BART escalators-cool and convenient!
You would be one of the first engineers hired in San Francisco, so your input and ideas into the office culture and product innovations will be felt for years to come.
We value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike.
We offer exceptional work/life balance, competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, daily catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music, search the Internet, AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
- Your dream job involves building/owning the systems that improve the lives of millions of users every day.
- You are passionate about building a user experience that is innovative and delightful.
- You love writing code, reviewing code, deprecating code, and mentoring other engineers.
- You are detail-oriented — you notice subtle UI/UX issues and care enough to go to the effort of fixing them.
- You are interested in the front-end space and stay abreast of the latest developments.
- You are a fast learner with strong software development skills, enabling you to meet aggressive deadlines while producing scalable and maintainable systems.
- You can operate independently but are not afraid to seek help when you need it.
- Bonus: You have a GitHub profile and have contributed to, or created open source projects.
- Play a central role in the rapid development and launch of a game changing product
- Participate in the design process by providing rapid prototypes to the team absent of complete requirements
- Collaborate with the product team, UX team, and server-side developers to develop compelling and delightful user experiences
- Provide leadership and guidance on design and technology decisions
- Deep knowledge of web technologies and experience with the latest and greatest web standards, including HTML5, CSS3 and ES6
- Experience with the latest web stacks and libraries such as Node.js, Express, React, Backbone, LESS, and SASS
- Proven track record of building scalable and responsive web applications using modern front-end stacks
- Comfortable with high levels of responsibility and ownership
- Experience integrating with REST and service-based architectures
Nice to Haves:
- Side projects and interests that demonstrate your technical knowledge and highlight your interests.
- Familiarity with text search and related systems
- Fluent in Unix environment
- Interest in music and audio recognition
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound and highlight a personal project that you’ve worked on and found interesting
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top