French Language Speaker & Lead Software Engineer – Speech Recognition and NLU
If you are a software developer that is excited to combine your native language skills with great software programming chops, this opportunity is for you!
We are looking for someone who loves languages, is a skilled software developer, is proficient in English and is a native, fluent speaker in one of the following languages:
- Portuguese (Brazil or Portugal)
Prior NLU or AI programming experience NOT REQUIRED!
You will be learning and using the most advanced technologies in the fields of Natural Language Understanding, Speech, Search, and AI, all built in-house here at SoundHound over the past 10 years!
We’ve worked hard to build a platform that enables individual developers to implement deep natural language user experiences very rapidly, often within days. Your job will be to help us apply that platform to your native language-specific use cases!
- You have native-level proficiency in the French language! Your dream job is to dig deeper into you language skills and combine that with your coding skills to create amazing local experiences.
- You are excited about being one of the first people to become proficient in a new programming paradigm.
- You want to build the systems that improve the lives of millions of users everyday.
- You notice opportunities to improve the end user experience and are proactive about getting the details right.
- You are a fast learner with strong software development skills, enabling you to meet aggressive deadlines while producing scalable and maintainable systems.
- High quality native language proficiency (speech, vocabulary, grammar, reading and writing)
- Proficient in C/C++ and at least one scripting language
- Excellent algorithms skills, and ability to write efficient code
- Comfortable working in Linux environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with data conditioning and relevance algorithms
- Experience manipulating and managing large amounts of data
- Experience working with third-party APIs or datasets
- Experience working in a client-server Agile development environment.
- Familiarity with web crawling and related concepts
- Familiarity with text search and related systems
- Music lover and puzzle solver!
See these examples of our technology is capable of in English:
SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products…we’re just getting started.
At SoundHound, we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company that’s simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines, home. Yep, it's that cool.
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top