Engineering Site Director - Germany
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning.
We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to-meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.
About the Role:
- Hire and lead engineering team of 10+, focused on Conversational A.I. for German
- Actively mentor, motivate, and empower engineers, including hands-on code reviews
- Proactively facilitate great interactions between Berlin and other SoundHound teams (especially California and Toronto)
- Interface with German partners as primary technical representative of SoundHound
- Organize and prioritize complex projects, ensuring operational excellence
- You pride yourself on assembling teams of engineers capable of outperforming much larger organizations
- You are eager to learn a new programming paradigm and contribute to the initial stages of a new code base in parallel with building/managing the team
- You are able to cast a compelling vision, while creating, building, and extending trust
- You are culturally at home in both Berlin and Silicon Valley, and enjoy bridging the two
- Your innovative user-driven focus and attention to detail contribute to building successful technologies
- Hands-on track record designing and implementing algorithmically complex systems
- Significant technical leadership experience at manager, director, or executive level
- Ability to assess technical talent and put team members in a position to succeed
- Excellent communication skills in both English and German
- BS, MS, and/or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience writing high-performing code, ideally C++ on Linux-based systems
- Prior exposure to ASR, NLU, Search, Compilers, audio/DSP, or related fields
- Prior exposure to working with German from Computational Linguistics perspective
- Experience building and deploying scalable server-side systems
- Flexibility to periodically travel to other locations (including California)
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top