Director of Mobile Engineering
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning.
We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to-meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.
SoundHound’s Mobile Engineering team builds native iOS and Android applications, installed by over 300 million users around the globe. The team also maintains a set of mobile SDKs giving developers easy access to the Voice AI platform, Houndify.
We’re looking for a Director of Mobile Engineering to grow and lead the team and help shape the future of our mobile products across both iOS and Android. Our ideal candidate will have experience building and leading mobile engineering teams across multiple platforms, as well as leveraging the mobile ecosystem.
- Responsible for releases of Hound, SoundHound, and Houndify SDKs
- Oversee development team leads and guide their development lifecycles
- Build and maintain an effective organization, including development best practices
- Work with product management and design to define the roadmap
- Guide decisions on architecture, system design, and technical strategy, including server APIs
- Maintain a positive and upbeat environment that brings out the best in people
- Five plus years of experience leading high-performing mobile engineers and teams
- Proven record of delivering high-quality mobile applications at massive scale, on schedule
- Demonstrated ability to hire, mentor, and retain top talent
- Expert level understanding of mobile development and architecture, with deep hands-on experience
- Inspirational leadership and entrepreneurial spirit
Nice to haves:
- Prior exposure to speech, natural language, AI, and music
- Active in the developer community
- Familiar with audio-compression and streaming technologies
- Flexibility to periodically travel to other engineering offices
How to apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular!
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top