Director of Mobile Engineering
SoundHound’s Engineering team builds products enjoyed by over 300 million users around the globe, and maintains a set of SDKs giving developers easy access to our Voice AI platform, Houndify.
We’re looking for a Director of Mobile Engineering in our Santa Clara office (but would consider our other locations) to take ownership of our mobile initiatives. This is a hands on role that will require a split of 50% coding and 50% management. This individual will help shape the future of our mobile products across both iOS and Android. Our ideal candidate will have experience building and leading mobile engineering teams across multiple platforms, as well as best practices of the mobile ecosystem.
- Responsible for releases of Hound, SoundHound, and Houndify SDKs
- Partner with Recruiting to drive key hiring, which includes the ability to identify and close top talent
- Be plugged into the local mobile development community and garner excitement about our products and opportunities
- Work with product management and design to define the mobile product roadmap
- Guide decisions on architecture, system design, and technical strategy, including server APIs
- Help cultivate and maintain a positive and upbeat culture that brings out the best in people
- Significant track record leading high-performing mobile engineers and teams
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality mobile applications at massive scale, on schedule
- Demonstrated ability to hire, mentor, and retain top talent
- Expert level understanding of mobile software development and architecture, with deep hands-on experience
- Inspirational leadership and entrepreneurial spirit
Nice to haves:
- Published app(s) in either the Google Play or Apple App Store
- Prior exposure to speech, natural language, AI, and music
- Active in the developer community
- Flexibility to periodically travel to other Engineering offices
SoundHound turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning. We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. We achieve this through a suite of products:
- Hound - leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience.
- SoundHound - applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. #truestory
- Houndify - our platform that empowers developers to be part of the Speech-to-Meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top