Director of Accounting
SoundHound is looking to hire an experienced and accomplished accounting professional who will oversee accounting operations including month/quarter end close, intercompany accounting and consolidations, internal and external financial reporting, internal controls management, annual audits, and policies and procedures development, documentation and implementation.
As a team manager and hands-on technical expert, you will mentor and guide our existing accounting team to the next level. The ideal candidate will have recent accounting experience in a fast-paced organization that has experienced significant growth in a short period of time. We are looking for a strong multi-tasker, self-starter, and excellent communicator unafraid to roll up their sleeves and know what a strong accounting department brings to a company.
This Director reports to the Corporate Controller, and will manage a team of 3. This role will initially focus on our NetSuite implementation, audit preparation and insurance renewals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all corporate accounting functions including: revenue, intercompany accounting, consolidations, GL, AP, AR, financial reporting, financial systems, and insurance.
- Manage the monthly/quarterly close and related reporting and analysis. Ensure financial reports are accurate and on-time.
- Document revenue recognition memos to support revenue accounting treatment in accordance with ASC 606.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP.
- Assist with Federal and State tax reporting requirements, including income and property taxes.
- Assist with banking and treasury functions.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for financial and accounting policies, procedures, and systems to streamline and scale with business needs. Ensure policies, procedures and systems are based on accounting best practices to provide reasonable assurance that company assets are protected.
- Assist with annual insurance renewal applications and review.
- Manage, develop, and retain a high performing Accounting team capable of effectively scaling with business growth and working with a company-first mentality.
- Prepare internal and external financial reporting for management, the BOD, and investors.
- Lead the Accounting team through annual audits.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 10+ years of combined experience in public and private accounting. Private accounting experience ideally in publicly traded and privately held companies. Experience in companies with an international footprint is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience as a direct team manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or similar. An active CPA license is required.
- Technical understanding of US GAAP required, IAS knowledge strongly desired.
- Software revenue recognition experience a must, working knowledge of ASC 606.
- Recent NetSuite experience is a plus, experience as an Administrator even better!
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and proactively. A strong sense of urgency to drive high quality work product with attention to detail.
- Think systematically and analytically to gain insight into business performance. Experienced and skilled in change management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication/presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across all levels and functions.
- Experience in a fast-paced unstructured start-up environment is highly preferred.
- SOX Compliance experience preferred.
Meet Some of SoundHound, Inc.'s Employees
Founder & CEO
Keyvan oversees the entire SoundHound organization. He stays focused on aligning company goals and values in order to continue growing the business and its employees far into the future.
Back to top