Computational Linguist - Speech System Diagnostics
- Toronto, Canada
At SoundHound Inc., we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, we’re trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. We’re making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app and Hound voice assistant and through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, and Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists and linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, and a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.
About the Role:
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join the core group working on Speech Recognition at SoundHound
- Analyze Speech system errors and identify the cause
- Find patterns in errors and recommend improvements
- Build software tools for Speech Recognition diagnostics
- Good problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Linguistics and Phonology
- Ability to write good quality code in Python or Perl or Java or C++
- 2+ years of programming experience
- Good communication skills
- BS in Computational Linguistics or Computer Science or related discipline
- Professional level fluency in multiple languages
- Knowledge of Speech Recognition
- MS in Computational Linguistics or related discipline
Back to top