At SoundHound Inc., we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, we’re trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. We’re making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app and Hound voice assistant and through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, and Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists and linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, and a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.
About the Role:
We have multiple positions open at different experience levels. At SoundHound, we view our data as one of our biggest assets. In this role, you’ll take a lead role in enabling our team to leverage data as creatively and effectively as possible.
We have a huge amount of data from hundreds of millions of users of:
● SoundHound music app featuring search, discovery, and play with LiveLyrics
● Hound newly released app featuring unprecedented speech recognition and natural language understanding
● Houndify platform enabling developers to add voice enabled conversational interface to anything
We aspire to leverage this data to make informed decisions to steer product development, marketing and user engagement. We have already deployed a cutting edge infrastructure leveraging Spark, Kafka, HBase and Hive. However, we have only scratched the surface of the kind of advanced analytics and insight generation we want to achieve, which is where you come in!
● You have strong technical, communication, and leadership skills
● You love data and have a passion for delivering data driven solutions
● You have a track record of finding and telling the important story hidden within the data
● You have a keen eye for crafting insightful metrics and visually stunning dashboards
● You love massive datasets and a small team environment where you can make a big impact
● Provide hands-on statistical solutions to highlight trends and generate insights
● Interface with business users to define metric and reporting requirements
● Mentor other analytics engineers, as well as other consumers of data across the organization
● Work closely with core data engineering team, maintaining analytic data extracts and reports
● Act as primary point of contact, delivering metrics/analytics that drive the organization
● Strong hands-on skills with SQL, Hive QL, Impala, etc.
● Extensive experience with tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy, BO, SAP, or OBIEE
● Experience working in a Hadoop-based data environment
● Proven ability to deliver complex metrics solutions from end to end
● Ability to write code in a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc)
Nice to haves:
● Degree in Computer Science, Math, Operations Research, Statistics, or related disciplines
● Proficiency using R for statistical analysis, or other relevant coding skills
● Experience modeling data in relational and dimensional models
● Familiarity with ETL frameworks
● Prior experience as project Lead/Manager or other high responsibility roles
Back to top