SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 265 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products…we’re just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company that’s simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines, home. Yep, it's that cool.
About the Role:
We have multiple positions open at different experience levels. At SoundHound, we view our data as one of our biggest assets. In this role, you’ll take a lead role in enabling our team to leverage data as creatively and effectively as possible.
We have a huge amount of data from hundreds of millions of users of:
● SoundHound music app featuring search, discovery, and play with LiveLyrics
● Hound newly released app featuring unprecedented speech recognition and natural language understanding
● Houndify platform enabling developers to add voice enabled conversational interface to anything
We aspire to leverage this data to make informed decisions to steer product development, marketing and user engagement. We have already deployed a cuttingedge infrastructure leveraging Spark, Kafka, HBase and Hive. However, we have only scratched the surface of the kind of advanced analytics and insight generation we want to achieve, which is where you come in!
● You have strong technical skills, communication skills, and leadership skills
● You love data, and have a passion for delivering data driven solutions
● You have a track record of finding and telling the important story hidden within the data
● You have a keen eye for crafting insightful metrics and visually stunning dashboards
● You love massive datasets, and a smallteam environment where you can make a big impact
● Provide hands-on statistical solutions to highlight trends and generate insights
● Interface with business users to define metric and reporting requirements
● Mentor other analytics engineers, as well as other consumers of data across the organization
● Work closely with core data engineering team, maintaining analytic data extracts and reports
● Act as primary point of contact, delivering metrics/analytics that drive the organization
● Strong hands-on skills with SQL, Hive QL, Impala, etc.
● Extensive experience with tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy, BO, SAP, or OBIEE
● Experience working in a Hadoop-based data environment
● Proven ability to deliver complex metrics solutions from end to end
● Ability to write code in a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc)
Nice to haves:
● Degree in Computer Science, Math, Operations Research, Statistics, or related disciplines
● Proficiency using R for statistical analysis, or other relevant coding skills
● Experience modeling data in relational and dimensional models
● Familiarity with ETL frameworks
● Prior experience as project Lead/Manager or other high responsibility roles
Please include a cover letter with your application and tell us why you'd enjoy working at SoundHound in particular!
Back to top