Mortgage Loan Processor
- Tacoma, WA
If you are an experienced Mortgage Loan processor and you are looking to take the next step in your career, Sound may have the perfect opportunity for you. We have had continued growth, we currently have 29 branches throughout Puget Sound and we are looking to hire an experienced Mortgage Loan Processor to add to our team.
- Process Conventional, Federal Housing Authority (FHA), Veterans Administration (VA), and non-conforming loans. Receive applications for 1st and 2nd mortgage loans.
- Evaluate and verify background information including employment history, credit history and debt to income ratio for applicants and determine collateral needs.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties related to processing, closing, and administration of real estate loans.
Order appraisals, flood certificates, and title reports. Clear title reports, prepare file for final underwriting, and clear. Review title reports and loan documentation for submission to underwriting for approval.
- Evaluate applications for eligibility for specific and conventional or government loan programs.
- Review and resolve audit and investor delivery defects as needed.
The Mortgage Loan Processor contributes to the success of the Credit Union by providing superior service according to Sound Credit Union's purpose statement. They assist members with inquiries, requests, and/or problems in a friendly, respectful, courteous, and professional manner. The department has strong tenured team that value teamwork and a positive environment. This role is perfect for someone who values member relationships and wants continued growth and development in their role.
- 2-5 years experience in Mortgage Loan Processing
- Experience processing conforming, non-confirming, FHA and VA loans
- Experience reviewing and evaluating title reports and appraisal
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Monday- Friday: 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Full Medical, dental, vision, and disability for the employee- paid by Sound!
- 3 weeks PTO
- Employee bonus program
- Paid Federal holidays
- Gym reimbursement
- True work/life balance
About Sound Credit Union: Sound Credit Union (Sound) was founded in 1940 and is one of Washington State's largest credit unions. We have 29 full-service branches located throughout the Puget Sound region.
Sound's purpose is "to stand with you through all waves of life" . Every day, our employees help us to live this purpose. We believe in empowering our employees to do the right thing . At Sound, we pride ourselves on making connections with our members, employees and community. Our employees are dependable, genuine, inclusive and resourceful . Besides competitive pay, we offer career growth and we hold a benefits package that's consistent with our purpose, personalities, and values. We'd love to share more about why Sound is somewhere you want to be, apply now and visit our website at: www.soundcu.com .
Back to top