User Experience Researcher
SoundCloud is the world’s leading audio platform, scaling up with a rapidly growing global user base, and we’re looking for a User Experience / Design Researcher to join our team in Berlin. Working with a world-class design team, you’ll be responsible for developing a deep understanding of how users interact with our products. You’ll be an advocate for user-centricity and use an empathetic and analytical approach to inspire our design, product, engineering and insight teams to make new and existing product experiences remarkable.
- Work closely with the Product and Design teams on a daily basis to determine best opportunities for high-impact tactical research in agile and iterative cycles.
- Construct and conduct user experience/design research studies utilizing various qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Lead the usability testing program, integrating it into our agile product development process.
- Maintain and support SoundCloud’s various user research methods and programs, including in-house and remote usability testing
- Work closely with other user-facing teams the Insight team.
- Seek creative ways to report and communicate research findings (both written and oral)
- Make actionable design recommendations and help drive product and design decisions
- Serve as a user advocate within SoundCloud and help evangelize personas, user needs and empathy across the company
- 3+ years of experience as a User Experience / Design Researcher
- Experience conducting user experience / design research for a wide range of experiences and devices (including mobile) via usability testing and various other research methods
- Experience working with both quantitative and qualitative data in relation to design research
- Team player, amazing communication skills, passion for user experience and design research, user advocate
It would be great if you have:
- Experience working in startup and/or agile environments
- Design skills/knowledge
- Web analytics experience
- A passion for music & audio
Diversity at SoundCloud
“SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.”
See Inside the Office of SoundCloud
SoundCloud is the world’s largest music streaming catalog that helps people share, discover, and influence global music culture. Due to the open, authentic nature of the platform—plus its connected community of listeners, curators and creators—SoundCloud is constantly driving culture and creativity forward while creating new trends. In many cases, what’s breaking or new everywhere else is born on SoundCloud.
Back to top