Strategy & Operations Manager, Pricing
What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
At SoundCloud, we always looking for ways to maximize our revenue across geographies, currencies, and most importantly, customer segments. We want to ensure our subscriptions are best for the artists, podcasters, DJs and others buying them. You will help form, validate, and incubate key pricing and packaging changes based on customer type. You will optimize, optimize and optimize. You will run countless tests and experiments.
- Own all pricing and packaging of SoundCloud’s Creator Subscriptions
- Develop a strong partnership with the Payments product team, growth marketing teams and community operations team
- Be accountable for the business case modeling and analytics of all your new initiatives.
- Inspire and develop our pricing & packaging strategy, compile regular reports and presentations, drive go to market alignment, know our customer segments inside and out
- Independently run ad-hoc projects to analyze and understand business implications of proposed decisions
Who you are
- Have subscription experience and thoroughly understand the metrics that drive a SaaS business
- Degree in Business, Finance, or related field, ideally an MBA
- 3+ years in Business Strategy, Consulting or Investment Banking.
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analysis to executives/senior management, product managers and marketers
- Excellent business judgment; ability to handle complex situations with clarity and confidence and thorough analysis (you do the work!)
- Excellent ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions, regions, and at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills (financial modeling)
- Strong resiliency and ambition to get things done despite an often-changing market and competitive situation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with both technical and business audiences
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail to continually improve the user’s experience
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.
Back to top