Senior Product Designer (f/m/d)
What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators and listeners who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio. Our Product Design team creates and shapes those experiences that serve hundreds of millions of users. We’re now on the lookout for an experienced Product Designer to join our team.
You’ll work in close collaboration with Product Managers, Engineers, UX-Researchers, and other Product Designers to meet the needs of SoundCloud listeners and creators on the web, mobile, and beyond. We expect you to take ownership of your experiences from the early strategy and concept phases to the final implementation and following iterations.
You are a passionate product designer and a great storyteller. You speak the language of users and are able to define their journey through a system from start to finish. When thinking about the design, you consider the experience rather than individual screens. You are able to align user needs with business goals and you actively participate in discussions to challenge assumptions, give critical feedback, and create consensus. Beyond being passionate about technology and designing products that millions of people love, you’re enthusiastic about SoundCloud and the music space.
- A background in designing user experiences and interaction design for digital consumer products and working with cross-functional teams
- A strong online portfolio that demonstrates your process and ability to turn ideas into a convincing and unique creative vision
- You see communication as a big part of your daily work. You’re not only interested in input from users, developers and everybody else, but you’re able to ask questions, give feedback and critique your peers’ design solutions
- Holistic understanding of design. You’re eager to understand the underlying problem and able to work out concepts and ideas that are addressing the real issues
- You can deliver larger projects reliably, coordinate with other design team members and delegate when needed
- You partner with peers in their area to set clear objectives and execution strategy
- You enjoy working on a product from start to end and you won’t rest until an excellent and solid experience can be shipped. At the same time, you are able to align this expectation with an iterative product development process
- You are able to draft multiple versions of an idea with sketches, wireframes, and storyboards
- You can provide multiple solution proposals for a problem, respective rationale, and trade-offs
- You have excellent presentation skills and communication abilities
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.
Back to top