Senior Manager, International Major Label Services
What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
SoundCloud’s Music, Artist Relations, & Label services team consists of four sub-teams that manage the relationships with the front-line executive management, marketing, and artist & repertoire (A&R) of major label music distribution companies, independent music label distribution companies, production companies, publishers, managers, and artists, including SoundCloud’s on-platform SC Premier creators. The MARLS Team manages and implements all of the day-to-day release planning, music marketing, strategy, and promotion for partners and rights-holders for the US, UK, EU, and the platform’s international expansion.
The Senior Manager, International Major Label Services for MARLS will develop and manage all major label rights holder relationships with front-line recorded music executives, marketing, digital, and artist & repertoire initiatives for major label rights-holders in the UK, EU, and expanding International monetized territories.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, cultivate and leverage relationships with the International Major Label Music industry with particular focus on the UK, EU territories, Australia and expanding global monetized territories.
- Work with Head of MARLS and US major label services team to proactively identify, drive, and build internal implementation + planning for the major label rights-holders ex-US
- Collaborate with label partners weekly on plans for artist regional territory music content release planning
- Implement strategic and tactical marketing, promotion, and curation plans for regional music content and regional artist releases (identifying territory differences, managing local / regional priorities, liaising with curation team on local territory trends and / or priorities)
- Increasing SoundCloud’s visibility throughout the UK, EU territories, and other international focus markets
- Develop, implement, and evaluate long-term promotional strategies for label artist singles to increased platform engagement, listening time, and “life of song / project” streaming performance
- Collaborate with US Major Label Team and Artist Marketing Team on the development and implementation of global label priorities
Identify and communicate label overall business strategies for international territories
- Work cross-functionally with appropriate internal teams on a global basis to include: artist marketing, brand marketing, product, platform, communications, and data science / analytics
- Regularly present and educate label executives and partners on SoundCloud’s continuous product and platform updates and overall business evolution
- Work with label frontline executives in evaluating effectiveness of on-platform campaigns
- Develop accurate and insightful conclusions from research data, present insights and recommendations on improvements ex-US
- Create inspiring creative plans that are rooted in strategic analysis, proposition and ultimately translate insights
- Weekly and Monthly label reviews for productivity to include recommending and evaluating the release promotion, song marketing, and curation performance research (on-going insights for decision making and planning, engagement, performance processes, etc.)
- Develop and create label presentations – conceptualize, lead, analyze, and present qualitative and quantitative digital plans
- Expertise in major label content marketing and promotion operations a must
- Expertise in major label digital content commercial models, release planning, and business development (e.g- ad-supported and subscription streaming, user-generated content services)
- Results-driven, proactive and resourceful team player who excels at identifying opportunities, creatively and collaboratively developing plans to maximize those opportunities, and driving them through to completion.
- Outstanding attention to detail and analytical and critical ability.
- Exceptional relationship development and management capability.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, and ability to influence people at all levels.
- Genuine passion for the music industry and the digital media sector.
- Ability to travel regularly
- Bachelors of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree, or equivalent business qualification
- 8+ years of major label promotion, marketing, or digital marketing experience
- 8+ years professional experience in technological product, platform and / or digital strategy a plus
- Proficient with Excel, Google Docs, Microsoft Office, and modern project management tools
The position reports to the Global Head of MARLS / SVP of Music, Artist Relations, Label Services based in New York, New York. The position is based in SoundCloud’s London office.
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.
Back to top