Senior Director, Artist & Label Services, East Coast
What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
Senior Director, Artist & Label Services is responsible for managing SoundCloud’s East Coast artist, management, and label community relationships. The Director will be responsible for supporting existing relationships and expanding SoundCloud’s connections throughout the music industry, with a focus on maximizing relationships with East Coast partners.
The ideal candidate will understand the music streaming landscape and have strong relationships across the creator community - including artists, managers, songwriters, producers, agents and record labels.
- Managing the East Coast based team working across the music industry
- Building and maintaining SoundCloud’s relationships with artists, managers, producers and label partners, at varying levels of success and across genres
- Educating the creator community on SoundCloud’s differentiated business model, and best practices to drive success on the platform
- Overseeing and managing of SoundCloud’s artist and industry focused events
- Developing key insights into SoundCloud’s role within an artist’s career lifecycle
- Expanding the SoundCloud Premier program
- Scaling SoundCloud’s communication practices with the creator community
- Educating teams within SoundCloud on the needs of the creator community
- Working cross-functionally with Brand Revenue, Marketing, PR, Editorial, & Product, teams within SoundCloud
- Developing of additional opportunities for SoundCloud to make a positive impact to the creator community
- Representing SoundCloud at key industry events
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience within the music industry working with artists, managers, producers, and labels of all levels, across genres
- Experience managing team or department, minimum 3 years
- Possess considerable knowledge of current music, digital, and industry trends and are a SoundCloud super user
- Solid network in the artist and label community and an understanding of how to navigate relevant dealmakers and decision makers
- Digitally savvy, with a passion for new technology and an ability to think creatively about how technology can support the creator community
- Confident and personable self-starter
- Superior attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, within tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Experience building and managing a team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, across various time zones.
This role will manage a small, tight-knit team based in NY and will work closely with West Coast and European based teams. This role will require some travel.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.
See Inside the Office of SoundCloud
SoundCloud is the world’s largest music streaming catalog that helps people share, discover, and influence global music culture. Due to the open, authentic nature of the platform—plus its connected community of listeners, curators and creators—SoundCloud is constantly driving culture and creativity forward while creating new trends. In many cases, what’s breaking or new everywhere else is born on SoundCloud.
Back to top