Senior Data Scientist Anti-Abuse (m/f/d)
What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
We're looking for someone to join our Anti-Abuse team as an embedded Data Scientist. You will be a member of a diverse and skilled group of Data Scientists that operate across the organisation in product teams, business intelligence and analytics.
Our Data Scientists work on a wide range of products and problems, embedded with engineering teams having direct impact on our millions of daily active users. We want people that come equipped with an open mind, creativity and a get-it-done attitude.
About the role
As a Senior Data Scientist on Anti-Abuse, you will take the lead on identifying the sources of fraud, spam and abuse and working on solving these problems in a pragmatic way using your expertise in statistics and machine learning. You will see projects through from start to finish performing research, prototyping solutions, and production deployment at scale using engineering best practices. We love specialists with deep experience, and we expect to use that experience alongside a Data Scientist’s ability to be general and tackle a wide range of problem areas. Problems in this space are often ill-defined and open so strong problem solving skills and an ability to look beyond the immediate scope of a problem are important. You will know when and how to be pragmatic and, for example, use human-readable heuristics or take the leap to learn a model to predict the expected behaviour of a user.
Some projects you might work on include:
- Bot detection
- Time series anomaly detection
- Fraud analysis and prevention
You are a Senior Data Scientist with a curious analytical mindset, experience with software engineering, and a track record of shipping solutions at large scale. You have a broad toolkit that spans languages and runtimes, and you can get up-to-speed with new tech stacks quickly. You enjoy working cross-functional with Engineers, Product Managers and peer Data Scientists. You have:
- A Ph.D. or M.Sc. in a relevant field such as computer science or machine learning (preferred but not required)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a full-time industry position (not academic)
- A deep understanding of the lifecycle of a Data Science project, with experience in research, solution development, tuning and inspecting models, etc.
- Experience with Scala, Python or similar languages that are used to ship production models and systems
- Experience wrangling very large datasets by writing and maintaining data processing pipelines with Hadoop, Spark, BigQuery, Redshift, or similar
- An ability to tell a story about data, to explore and reveal patterns, and to communicate to stakeholders about your discoveries and hypothesis
- Worked in cross-functional teams and are able to work in multiple parts of a tech stack
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.
Back to top