Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence
What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
At SoundCloud, as an open platform with millions of creators and listeners and several revenue models, we deal with complex questions everyday. To make better informed business decisions, we are looking for a exceptional Business Intelligence Senior Analyst who combines data science excellence with strong business acumen to distill relevant insight from the SC data asset. The role will be based in SoundCloud's New York Office and will be a core part of the Strategy & Research team.
You will be an integral part in SoundCloud’s Business Intelligence function to enable a deeper, data-based understanding of the development, trending and dynamics of the company’s Creator and Listener business. You will drive sophistication of data-based decision making within the business units. Your work will directly inform strategic thinking across the company and impact, important short, mid-term decisions at middle and senior leadership level.
As Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence you will:
- Act as a central expert function at the company by designing and implementing our Creator and Listener analysis and reporting frameworks
- Contribute as expert to strategic projects alongside Strategy and Business teams. Such contributions may include behavioral analyses, designing, running and analyzing experiments
- Independently run ad-hoc projects to analyze and understand business implications of proposed decisions
- Build sustainable cross functional relationships across the organization, especially Creator, Listener, Marketing leads, Data Science/Data Platform and Audience Research
- Feel comfortable using SQL, and occasionally Python, to access data when conducting analyses and building Tableau dashboards
What you'll bring to the team:
- Degree in quantitative field (strong academic track record preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in leading tech firms, ideally with streaming, subscription and/or advertising background
- Exceptional analytical skills paired with excellent business judgement
- Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources with excellent SQL skills and some knowledge of Python
- Experience with Data Warehouse infrastructure BigQuery and concepts as well designing and deploying ETLs in order to transform big data into meaningful business information
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail paired with hands-on approach; Ability to handle complex situations with clarity and confidence and thorough analysis (you do the work!)
- Strong resiliency and ambition to get things done despite an often-changing market and competitive situation
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analysis to senior management
- Excellent ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions, regions, and at all levels of the organization
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with both technical and business audiences
- Must strive to deliver excellent work quality
If this sounds like you, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.
Back to top