Head of Product - Catalogue & Rightsholders (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
In this position, you will lead a group of Product Managers within the Platform Organisation. This domain consists of such functions as Search, Content Ingestion, Content Rights, Media Streaming, Content Identification and Catalogue Experience. You will lead Product Strategy and Vision and be responsible for driving the success of our KPIs.
You will be reporting to our Chief Product Officer. In addition to working with them and your counterpart in Engineering, you will also closely collaborate with our broader leadership team to bring products to market.
The ideal candidate has rich product leading experience and preferably has worked within the music industry before.
- At least 5 years experience in a director (or equivalent) role, in addition to 10+ years experience working in the tech or music industry in a product role. You have a proven record of launching and shipping products.
- You have led and mentored a group of Product Managers and contributed to their growth and development
- You can devise and execute a clear product vision and strategy for Catalogue and Rightsholders. You can tie the goals to business needs and communicate this at executive level and across company wide stakeholders.
- You have proven experience in implementing organisational product management processes and practices.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive prioritization.
- You can understand and advocate for the needs and requirements of Rightsholders. You’re able to communicate their role at SoundCloud and be a proponent for their success on the platform.
- Ideally you have worked within the streaming industry and are knowledgeable about supply chain delivery
- You are comfortable making decisions in a complex business environment, and empowering those on your team to do so with autonomy.
- You are a proven team player with a keen sense of what helps us build and grow healthy, diverse, and high-performing teams. You have a sense of curiosity and a passion for eliciting creativity and innovation within the teams with whom you work.
If this describes you, we'd love to chat.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.
Back to top