Copyright Operations Specialist (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
As the world's largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators and listeners who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio. Creators are at the core of everything we do at SoundCloud and we want to make sure their rights are respected and their content protected.
Are you passionate about creators and intellectual property in the digital age? We are looking for someone who wants to gain an in-depth knowledge of digital rights enforcement and operations to join us as a Copyright Operations Specialist within the Business and Legal Affairs organisation out of our Berlin office. You will be working with the SoundCloud community to educate people on how copyright law applies on the platform, as well as assisting rightsholders and creators with protecting their content.
- Communicate with creators and rightsholders about their copyright-related issues.
- Process reports of alleged infringement and resolve disputes related to blocked tracks.
- Improve operational processes for the team.
- Assist in or manage your own projects.
- Partner with business stakeholders to help ensure new products are compliant with copyright law and internal processes.
- Maintain the integrity of copyrighted content on the platform.
- Communicate emerging copyright issues to business stakeholders.
- Act as an internal advocate for creators and rightsholders.
- Ideally, you’ve had experience of working within copyright operations, anti-piracy, music rights operations or a similar field and are rewarded by helping rightsholders and creators protect their content online.
- You are calm under pressure and diligent in your approach to solving problems and following operational processes.
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills in native-level English.
- You understand the importance of balancing all sides of an argument, and have the confidence and ability to consistently decide upon a path for resolving issues, especially when dealing with ambiguous or sensitive topics.
- You are a team player and have a willingness to work collaboratively to find solutions to complex issues, but are capable of working independently.
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent and are OK with working the odd weekend or evening.
If you’re excited about working with us to support creators and rightsholders in the SoundCloud community, we’d love to hear from you.
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.
Back to top