Content Partnerships Manager
What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
We’re seeking a Specialist / Technical Account Manager to join the Content Operations team in our New York office.
Being a part of the Content Partnerships team, you will play a key role in licensing music labels and catalogs, establishing and implementing processes and operations with rights holders (labels, aggregators and artists), building relationships and spreading an understanding of how SoundCloud works. You will work hand-in-hand across the organization including our Product, Legal, Label Relations, Engineering, Business and Finance teams.
- Identify, source and secure licenses to music label catalogs (global and local)
- Build deep, mutually beneficial relationships with rights holders through clear, friendly and timely communication
- Serve as a general point of contact and account manager for labels’ business and operational matters with SoundCloud
- Represent rights holders and creators operational, process and technology needs internally
- Create and implement policies and procedures to allow rights holders to best use our unique platform and for SoundCloud users to discover and enjoy SoundCloud’s vast library of rights holders’ music
- Provide exceptional support for rights holders using the processes you have put in place
- Work closely with internal teams to manage issues and inquiries from rights holders, labels and artists
- Lead and manage end-to-end integrations with new rights holders to make their content available on the platform
- Interface with all relevant teams in developing new features, functions and tools
- Constantly evaluate, adapt and refine processes to improve the SoundCloud experience for artists, labels, and rights holders
Required skills and experience:
- You are passionate about music audio content
- You have a strong knowledge of record label catalogs, genre segments and recording artists and performers
- You have 3+ years experience in the recording or publishing music industry and standard practices within the music industry
- You have a familiarity with intellectual property policies or digital media business/legal affairs
- You have experience managing account relationships
- You are inquisitive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and enjoy the “something else”
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.
Back to top