BFF Platform Lead Requisition (f/m/d)
SoundCloud is the world's leading audio platform, allowing everyone to share and discover unique content anywhere, anytime, on the web and on mobile. We are now looking for a technical leader to join our team and take responsibility for our BFF platforms.
We have divided the accountabilities of this role in two major areas:
- Defines and maintains the technical vision for our BFF infrastructure at SoundCloud.
- Actively contributes to our BFF codebases for the right reasons: pairing/coaching, resolving tech debt, prototyping new ideas, evaluating technology choices and contributing to new developments.
- Coordination of technical activities with other teams.
- Makes technical debt visible and coordinates technical debt management plans, advocates for the reduction of technical debt.
- Is able to define “Production Readiness” given individual circumstances.
- Belongs to the Core Clients team: influences their roadmap and provides technical assistance.
- Belongs to the Core Engineering Leads team - responsible for choices around technical risk. Ensures that:
- Technical debt is being addressed.
- Technical vision is being followed.
- Teams are adhering to quality standards including system/feature documentation.
- Acts as a facilitator of Collective meetings. Leads workshops and/or mentoring sessions.
- Proactively maintains a relationship with individual members of the teams contributing to our backend and BFF layers, possibly through 1:1s.
- Maintains a high standard of code review, by setting a good example with their own code reviews and assessing those of others.
- Support’s major company releases and during outages, ensuring best practices are being followed. Acts as a technical consultant for major company projects.
- Acts as a tiebreaker as necessary in technical discussions within members of the BFF / Backend collective.
- Evaluates developer experience and looks for opportunities to improve.
- Proactively supports positive culture by confronting negative behavior.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to chat.
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.
See Inside the Office of SoundCloud
SoundCloud is the world’s largest music streaming catalog that helps people share, discover, and influence global music culture. Due to the open, authentic nature of the platform—plus its connected community of listeners, curators and creators—SoundCloud is constantly driving culture and creativity forward while creating new trends. In many cases, what’s breaking or new everywhere else is born on SoundCloud.
Back to top