- New York, NY
We’re seeking a passionate, knowledgeable, and results-oriented YouTube SEO Strategist.
The right candidate will have a passion for great content and storytelling, a knack for writing compelling copy, as well as unearthing and acting on trends in data will be key.
SEO/YouTube: You will cultivate a long-term strategy that will benefit both our users and the team. You will determine how to incorporate SEO best practices into editorial video workflow. You will have a track record of driving a solid YouTube growth. You must know how to bring best practices to an editorial video team and establish rigor in the quality of the team’s output. You should also always be thinking of great editorial ideas in addition to building bulletproof SEO tactics.
- Optimize both legacy and new content across the site
- Stay informed on Google/YouTube algorithmic and industry changes and optimizations, inform teams across the organization of relevant news
- Frequent monitoring of competitor content
- Conduct SEO/YouTube research that can be seamlessly translated into actionable editorial recommendations
- A/B + multivariate testing of social packaging + scheduling videos (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- Replace/Create Thumbnails for YT library and new videos
- Build and update creative packages for videos YouTube (thumbnails, copy, tags, descriptions)
The right candidate should have digital media experience and deep expertise in analyzing online consumer behavior and turning this data into actionable recommendations. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- At least 2 years working in an audience development / video role or in a related position at a fast-paced, digital-first media environment
- A background in consumer-facing digital marketing, audience development, and analytics roles with experience in YouTube and SEO, ideally at content-driven organizations
- Firm grasp of audience development best practices and optimization tactics (SEO and YouTube), and analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Ability to think critically, deliver data insights that drive the team's strategic priorities
- Understand the importance of combining quantitative and qualitative data
- Proficient in spreadsheets, presentation software, and experience in creating regular reports highlighting trends and extracting insights
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to analyze data and communicate it in digestible terms
- Entrepreneurial instincts, hands-on attitude, and a creative approach to problem-solving
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Based in New York City
Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC's and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. Marc and Vinit previously co-founded Diapers.com and sold it to Amazon. Marc more recently founded Jet.com and sold it to Walmart, where he is CEO of Walmart.com.
We're currently home to three channels: Scary Mommy (largest women with kids brand online), CAFE (led by popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart topping pod "Stay Tuned") and The Dad (fastest growing new brand for men with kids) – all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Fresh off our latest funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build the very best team and culture on the planet.
Back to top