Talent Acquisition Manager
Led by a team that includes the former co-founder of Diapers.com (sold to Amazon), the head of digital at The New York Times and the Entertainment Industry Manager at Facebook, Some Spider is a profitable NYC-based digital media & entertainment company backed by Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara.
We’re home to two channels built for mobile and social: Scary Mommy (the biggest parenting property in the country, reaching over 100 million people each month), and CAFE (2016's breakout news and humor brand, reaching over 60 million people each month). And we plan to launch more.
Fresh off our Series A funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for an exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build the very best team and culture on the planet.
- Work closely with the management team to lead talent acquisition for the company
- Develop deep talent pipeline, sourcing candidates across all functions to ensure we attract extraordinary people
- Help shape company narrative and organizational structure consistent with our strategy, core values and business objectives
- Support development of people practices, including onboarding, performance management and culture initiatives
- 5+ years’ experience working in human resources/talent acquisition within media & entertainment, tech industry experience a plus
- Experience proactively managing candidate sourcing, screening and closing process end to end without assistance from search firms
- Ability to craft and communicate a compelling company narrative
- Passion for people, team building, culture and organizational design
- Entrepreneurial, can-do spirit; high growth start-up experience a plus
- Data orientation as it relates to managing a talent pipeline, including time to fill, close rate, etc.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
Meet Some of Some Spider Studios's Employees
Briana’s central duties include editing short videos based on the news and writing and producing motion video content for Some Spider’s Cafe site.
Back to top