- New York, NY
About the Role:
Some Spider is seeking SEO Editor to join our growing SEO Team. The team creates and optimizes well-researched parenting, lifestyle, and commerce articles with the goal of driving organic search traffic.
The ideal candidate will be responsible to provide day-to-day SEO support for editors and optimizing existing content on site. The selected candidate will be reporting to the SEO Director.
Prior SEO experience in media/publishing is required.
- Own and manage the day-to-day operations of our content updating process with SEO best practices at its core
- Conduct keyword research and optimize on-page elements to increase website’s organic visibility
- Provide daily support to the content teams in the form of opportunity keywords for the given topic(s)
- Work closely with SEO Director in crafting creative content strategies to drive results in both short and long term
- Keep up with industry trends and news
- 2+ years of SEO experience in media/publishing
- Experience in working with WordPress-powered websites is preferred
- Google Analytics/Search Console proficiency is preferred
- Experience in using and interpreting data from tools like SEMRush and Brightedge is preferred
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Positive, can-do attitude, self-starter
Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC’s and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. Marc and Vinit previously co-founded Diapers.com and sold it to Amazon. Marc more recently founded Jet.com and sold it to Walmart, where he is CEO of Walmart.com.
We’re currently home to three channels: Scary Mommy (largest women with kids brand online), CAFE (led by popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart topping pod “Stay Tuned”) and The Dad (fastest growing new brand for men with kids) – all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Fresh off our latest funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us in our mission to build the very best team and culture on the planet
Back to top