Programmatic Operations Analyst
Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC’s and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. Marc and Vinit previously co-founded Diapers.com and sold it to Amazon. Marc more recently founded Jet.com and sold it to Walmart, where he is CEO of Walmart.com.
We’re currently home to three channels: Scary Mommy (largest women with kids brand online), CAFE (led by popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart topping pod “Stay Tuned”) and The Dad (fastest growing new brand for men with kids) – all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Fresh off our latest funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build the very best team and culture on the planet
Some Spider Studios is looking for a technically minded Yield/Ad Operations analyst who can work in a fun but fast-paced, startup environment. This is a hybrid role that is critical to the company, combining ad operations (with an emphasis in programmatic), continued analysis and management of our programmatic ad stack setup, making recommendations for maximizing our programmatic revenue opportunities and maintaining rigorous daily reporting that help support key revenue decisions for the company. This person will report to the Head of Programmatic and will be based in NYC. The ideal candidate has very strong digital video and mobile advertising experience, a strong level of experience working with DFP as well as solid client service skills that will allow for consistently meeting client objectives and exceeding their expectations.
Programmatic Yield Analytics & Optimization Solutions:
- Analyze and provide daily insights around Programmatic CPM, impressions and revenue trends across all channels, partners, platforms, devices, and ad types (display, mobile, video);
- Analyze bid CPM to help determine behavior of different buyers across direct/indirect channels, inventory segments, and site sections;
- Continuously research programmatic market shifts to understand the latest trends in Programmatic spending by different verticals, advertisers, etc.
- Provide periodic revenue insights reports highlighting trends and providing on-going recommendations to maximize company revenue;
- Maintain records of all changes made, with respective programmatic impact on CPM and performance;
- Work alongside the Product and Engineering teams to support the ad setup and ensure ads are displaying optimally, while also optimizing ad layout (unit types and view-ability) and integrating necessary ad tech solutions;
- Troubleshoot issues with ads (ads not displaying properly, blanks, fraud, etc.) and quickly resolve direct client discrepancies;
- Operate as point of contact for all programmatic partners.
- Analyze and provide insights around inventory capacity, bookings, proposals and pricing across all sales channel, sales verticals, ad products and platforms;
- Analyze full stack ad sales channel delivery and determine optimal priority settings;
- Manage, traffic and optimize direct sales client digital video, display and mobile ad campaigns;
- 3+ years of programmatic yield experience in digital video and/or mobile-- Publisher, Ad Tech, or Agency experience in Operations and/or Analytics function
- Self-starter who can work autonomously, thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment, and be comfortable being accountable
- Outstanding ability to multitask with meticulous attention to detail
- Superb cross-functional, organizational, and analytical skills
- Great depth of understanding of the online advertising industry and video & mobile technologies
- Knowledge of different ad formats and monetization strategies
- Experience working with ad networks, ad exchanges and demand-side platforms-- understanding of header bidding and DMP’s landscape a plus
- Familiarity with ad serving tools (DFP)
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding revenue goals
- Sense of humor! Seriously…
Back to top