Production Assistant, CAFE
- New York, NY
CAFE is a media venture developed in partnership between former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara and Some Spider Studios. Through audio, video, text, and live events, CAFE’s mission is to better inform and educate the country about the most critical issues of our time by exploring how law and justice intersect with politics, business, technology and ultimately, every aspect of our society.
CAFE is looking for a production assistant and researcher to help support podcast production across the entire audio portfolio.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about law and justice and has demonstrated interest in media and journalism or law. S/he will work closely with producers and hosts and provide research, production, and administrative support. The production assistant with also help write newsletters, social media copy, and other content. Experience with ProTools is a plus.
- Assist with research, fact-checking, interview preparation, and scripts for hosts
- Pitch story and guest ideas
- Help edit audio selects for producers and assist with recordings.
- Write content for newsletters and social media
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passion for law, policy, politics, and history
- Superior writing and communication skill
- Highly organized
- Outstanding sense for production and news
- Professional maturity, independent judgment, ability to think quickly and manage time sensitive deadlines, and work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Familiarity with ProTools and audio recording a plus
Application instructions: Please submit a resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant skills and experience and what you’d hope to achieve in the role.
Back to top