Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC’s and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. Marc and Vinit previously co-founded Diapers.com and sold it to Amazon. Marc more recently founded Jet.com and sold it to Walmart, where he is CEO of Walmart.com.
We’re currently home to three channels: Scary Mommy (the largest women-with-kids brand online), The Dad (the fastest growing new brand for men with kids) and CAFE (media venture of popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of hit podcast “Stay Tuned”) - all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Fresh off our latest funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build the very best team and culture.
Jump in to identify and build partnerships to support the creation, distribution and monetization of amazing audio and video entertainment. No two weeks will be the same!
- Ensure that Some Spider Studios content is seen and heard on linear and digital platforms - from TV channels to Snapchat Discover to Apple Podcasts
- Negotiate deals, from distribution to licensing and talent to production
- Identify new projects and new partners to grow the slates of Scary Mommy, The Dad and Cafe.
- Collaborate with colleagues in production, advertising, finance, analytics, marketing and beyond to support aggressive creative and revenue goals.
- 3-6+ years of relevant work experience, including management consulting or talent agency - and genuine excitement to join a startup.
- Knowledge of and passion for entertainment, including trends and challenges - from OTT to skinny bundles to SVOD to podcasting
- Able and eager to manage multiple projects, collaborating both internally and externally
- Intellectually curious and able to think both analytically and creatively: use a financial model or strategic framework to structure and solve problems; also, know when to go with your gut!
- Kind, trustworthy, enthusiastic, scrappy, optimistic and excited to learn
Meet Some of Some Spider Studios's Employees
Briana’s central duties include editing short videos based on the news and writing and producing motion video content for Some Spider’s Cafe site.
Back to top