Media Marketing Manager
Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC’s and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. Marc and Vinit previously co-founded Diapers.com and sold it to Amazon. Marc more recently founded Jet.com and sold it to Walmart, where he is CEO of Walmart.com.
We’re currently home to three channels: Scary Mommy (largest women with kids brand online), CAFE (led by popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart topping pod “Stay Tuned”) and The Dad (fastest growing new brand for men with kids) – all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Fresh off our latest funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build the very best team and culture on the planet
About the Role:
The Some Spider Marketing Team oversees marketing strategy and execution across our portfolio of brands. This includes initiatives aimed at growing and cultivating our already highly engaged audiences and driving the growth of our products and brand extensions - everything from live events to podcasts to commerce, plus new things that we haven’t even dreamed up yet.
This role is critical to the success of these efforts. She/He will leverage their razor-sharp analytical skills to develop, run, analyze and optimize campaigns across all paid channels - Facebook, Instagram, Google, Pinterest, Amazon, etc. This person thinks strategically and loves diving deep into data to understand each stage of the customer journey, forecast performance, and identify opportunities. She/He then leverages this information to make real-time optimizations and recommendations that further fuel strategy.
They will constantly be testing (can’t stop, won’t stop). This role requires close coordination with the Some Spider Commerce and Design teams.
In addition to strong analytical chops, an ideal candidate will also have some experience running paid media campaigns, particularly Facebook. And they should be flexible and are able to succeed in an extremely fast-moving environment.
- Lead end-to-end planning and flawless execution of all paid and owned media initiatives. Includes defining audience and channel strategy and collaborating with key stakeholders to develop messaging strategy.
- Own ongoing performance management and campaign optimization to meet (and exceed!) campaign objectives. Regularly report out on key KPIs and underlying drivers to Leadership and all stakeholders.
- Develop bidding strategy and rule development for efficient spending and optimization.
- Day-to-day management of paid media budgets.
- Develop and evangelize media best practices, serving as our in-house guru for all things media.
- Recommend new paid media tactics, concepts, and channels to enhance broader marketing strategy and continually build insights.
- 3+ years experience in media planning and execution, with a proven track record of successful campaigns. Must have experience with direct response campaigns.
- Superior analytical skills. Ability to make data-driven decisions to produce tangible improvements in performance.
- Understanding of paid media attribution models and methodologies.
- Strong excel skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fun, and entrepreneurial environment.
Meet Some of Some Spider Studios's Employees
Rachael supports the e-commerce and sales teams. Her primary responsibility is writing copy for online products and creating email content for sponsors.
Back to top