Lead Motion Designer
Scary Mommy and Some Spider Studios are currently looking for a Lead Motion Graphic Designer who can transform concepts into visually compelling animated work and bring brand stories to life through techniques in motion design, within a collaborative team environment.
The ideal candidate will be a creative storyteller with experience in making visually dynamic and compelling short form video content. We’re looking for someone with outstanding motion design skills who is comfortable with creating a large variety of content, who is eager to explore storytelling on Snapchat’s Discover platform.
There will be the opportunity to work on large and small-scale projects — from concept to completion. The ideal candidate is a natural leader who can participate in a hands-on manner to help create projects and have a polished visual aesthetic that’s fun and energetic. They should also be interested in new trends in motion/visual effects.
- Setting visual strategy, brand identity, and execution for our brands across multiple media platforms and editorial formats.
- Directly managing and mentoring a team of motion graphics designers.
- Establishing and implementing a cohesive and unique visual strategy across a multitude of content types including show packages, mobile/social video, vertical formats (e.g. Snapchat).
- Manage all-sized projects; assign work to the right team member and come up with creative ideas, design styles, and solutions. Be able to prioritize multiple projects at any given time.
- Give hands-on support for last minute projects.
- Build strong relationships, effectively communicating with designers, creative directors, and project managers.
- Deliver the final work - programing snapchat within the Discover platform.
- Collaborate with our creative, strategic, and editorial teams in creating visually compelling and imaginative content primarily in After Effects.
- Work in a fast-paced, daily deadline-driven environment.
- At least 8 years experience working within an agency or digital publication setting.
- Proven leader and mentor of high performing design team/studio.
- A portfolio demonstrating proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite especially expertise with After Effects, Photoshop & Illustrator.
- A keen design eye with attention to typography and color balance.
- Strong visual & motion design skills – a clear grasp of typography, layout, color, motion, and behavior.
- Attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Direct experience with Snapchat Discover design, branding, and delivering end-to-end design across various media types, screens, formats, and technologies
- Passion for pop culture & humor.
About Some Spider Studios
Some Spider Studios is a media & entertainment company backed by top VC's and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. We're creating iconic “channels” for the new mobile, social, and streaming dials. We currently have three channels: Scary Mommy (the largest women with kids brand online); CAFE (built around popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart topping podcast "Stay Tuned"); and The Dad (newly launched men with kids brand).
This is an onsite freelance position in our New York offices.
Back to top