Junior Motion Designer
Scary Mommy & Some Spider Studios are currently looking for a Motion Graphic Designer who can transform social media designs into visually compelling animated work and bring brand stories to life through techniques in motion design, within a daily agile team environment.
Our ideal candidate has a strong graphic design foundation including an understanding of typography in digital media, color and composition. Ideal candidates should also have a polished visual aesthetic that is fun and energetic and who stays ahead of trends in motion/visual effects.
Candidates should be comfortable capturing, editing and integrating live-action footage to bring ideas to life in a wide array of styles.
A collaborative spirit and the ability to work well in team settings is a must.
- Collaborate with our creative, strategy, and editorial teams in creating visually compelling and imaginative content primarily in After Effects
- Capture, edit and integrate live-action footage into motion pieces
- Contribute to brainstorming and ideation sessions
- Produce supporting assets when necessary
- Problem solve and work collaboratively with other team members
- Optimize, organize and prepare files for web
- Work in a fast-paced, daily deadline-driven environment
- Manage and be able to prioritize multiple projects at any given time
- At least 1 - 2 years experience working within an agency or digital publication setting
- A reel demonstrating After Effects and Adobe Creative Suite chops including Photoshop & Illustrator
- Understanding and knowledge of social media platforms including SNAPCHAT
- Keen design eye with attention to typography and color balance
- Highly organized, proactive self-starter, with an impeccable attention to detail
- Direct experience editing for Social Media campaigns
- Illustration and character animation skills
- Passion for pop culture & humor
About Some Spider
Some Spider is a new digital media entertainment company financed by serial entrepreneurs, Vinit Bharara and Marc Lore, who previously co-founded and later sold Diapers.com to Amazon. Vinit is the CEO of Some Spider. Other Some Spider executives include COO, Paul Smurl, former Head of Digital at the New York Times and CRO, Sharon Mussalli, former Entertainment Industry Manager at Facebook.
Some Spider’s mission is to create iconic entertainment “channels” for the new digital, mobile and social cable dials. We’re home to two channels: Scary Mommy (the biggest parenting property in the country, reaching over 100 million people each month), and CAFE (2016's breakout news and humor brand, reaching over 60 million people each month). And we plan to launch more.
Meet Some of Some Spider Studios's Employees
Briana’s central duties include editing short videos based on the news and writing and producing motion video content for Some Spider’s Cafe site.
Back to top