Head of Finance/Accounting
Some Spider Studios seeks an overachieving, highly analytical and passionate individual—with tenacity and grit—for the position of Head of Finance/Accounting. This person will bear primary responsibility for financial modeling, accounting and reporting, building out the finance and accounting team, budgeting, cash management, banking and finance, capital raising with venture capital/banks/strategic partners (with CEO), payroll administration oversight and project management accounting.
For more color, he or she will:
- Design, develop, and execute on financial plans that support Some Spider’s strategic goals
- Oversee creation and management of annual budgets, spending targets, and hiring plans
- Manage cash flow on a day to day and strategic basis through account management and debt instruments
- Oversee, administer, and report on enterprise-wide financial and administrative matters
- Partner with senior leadership to model investment strategies and associated ROI’s
- Ensure accurate and timely creation of periodic financial statements
- As an agent of change, nurture a culture that enables and enhances employees’ performance
- Keep abreast of accounting and tax issues to ensure legal and regulatory compliance
- Be a key partner to various 3rd party partners: CPA, Benefits Administration, 401k management, etc.
8+ years of progressive responsibility in finance and accounting
Extraordinary speaking, writing, and interpersonal skills
Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, Intacct, QuickBooks, and Bill.com
Highly capable at advanced financial modeling for budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning
Ability to prioritize, delegate, and oversee dynamic work flow with minimal supervision
Aptitude in relationship-building and working with various internal and external stakeholders
Commitment to training, professional development, and continuous improvement
Highest moral character
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certification preferred
Experience in Digital Media or Advertising preferred
About Some Spider Studios:
Some Spider Studios is a fast growing media and entertainment company that operates two channels, Scary Mommy and CAFE, and will be launching more. The Company is ranked number #44 on the latest US media power rankings from ComScore partner, Shareablee. Reaching over 100 million people each month across social platforms and 20 million on its website, Scary Mommy leads the family category by an especially wide margin, attracting more social actions than the next 5+ properties combined. Featured in the New Yorker, Washington Post & Time Magazine, Cafe’s smart and funny take on news and culture reached over 50 million people each month in its first year. With offices in New York and Los Angeles, the Company is founded and led by entrepreneur Vinit Bharara, co-founder of Diapers.com, that was sold to Amazon for over $500mm. He and Marc Lore, founder of Jet.com that was sold to Walmart for $3.3 billion late in 2016, are the two financiers. Preet Bharara, former federal prosecutor of Manhattan, recently joined the Company as well.
Meet Some of Some Spider Studios's Employees
Briana’s central duties include editing short videos based on the news and writing and producing motion video content for Some Spider’s Cafe site.
Back to top