Editorial Producer & Writer, National Security, CAFE
- New York, NY
CAFE Studios is a media venture developed in partnership between former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara and Some Spider Studios. Through audio, video, text, and live events, CAFE’s mission is to better inform and educate the country about the most critical issues of our time by exploring how law and justice intersect with politics, business, technology and ultimately, every aspect of our society.
CAFE is looking for a full time Editorial Producer / Writer to work on a new podcast about national security co-hosted by former Advisors to the President on Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Lisa Monaco and Ken Wainstein.
The ideal candidate will have background and interest in national security, law, policy, journalism, and production.
This role can be based in Washington D.C. or New York City.
- Work in close collaboration with hosts and executive producer to produce a weekly long-form podcast focused on national security issues, as well as associated written content such as a newsletter.
- Write prep materials and scripts and propose topics for discussion.
- Write articles for CAFE.com.
- Coordinate production logistics like booking studios.
- Work with audio producers to finalize edits.
- Think creatively about marketing and promotion both for specific episodes and the podcast overall.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Candidates with general understanding of legal and national security issues are strongly preferred.
- Production or journalism experience is a plus.
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Professional maturity, independent judgment, ability to think quickly and manage time sensitive deadlines, and work simultaneously on multiple projects
Application instructions: Please submit a resume and a short cover letter addressing your interest in and qualifications for the role.
Back to top