Editorial Producer & Writer, Cyber, CAFE
- New York, NY
CAFE Studios is a media venture developed in partnership between former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara and Some Spider Studios. Through audio, video, text, and live events, CAFE’s mission is to better inform and educate the country about the most critical issues of our time by exploring how law and justice intersect with politics, business, technology and ultimately, every aspect of our society.
CAFE is looking for a full time Editorial Producer / Writer to work on "Cyber Space," a podcast about law, technology, and cybersecurity, hosted by John Carlin, former head of the Justice Department's National Security Division.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience and interest in cybersecurity, law, policy, production, and journalism.
This position can be based in NYC or Washington, D.C.
- Work in close collaboration with host and executive producer to produce a long-form interview podcast focused on cyber, as well as associated written content such as a newsletter.
- Write prep materials and scripts and propose topics for discussion.
- Write articles for CAFE.com
- Help book guests and coordinate production logistics, like booking studios.
- Work with audio producers to finalize edits.
- Think creatively about marketing and promotion both for specific episodes and the podcast overall.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Candidates with relevant experience and general understanding of legal and cybersecurity issues are strongly preferred.
- Experience in production or journalism is a plus
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Professional maturity, independent judgment, ability to think quickly and manage time sensitive deadlines and work simultaneously on multiple projects is required.
Application instructions: Please submit a resume and a cover letter addressing your interest in and qualifications for the role.
Back to top