Director of Community/Ambassadors
Some Spider Studios is a fast growing, digital, fan-centric media startup backed by leading VC's and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara from Diapers.com (sold to Amazon for $545mm). We’re home to Scary Mommy (largest mom brand online with over 15 million followers, 1B monthly impressions and more engagements than the next 10 family brands combined) and The Dad (largest dad brand online with 5 million followers and several hundred monthly impressions), as we seek to revolutionize the digital landscape for the 170 million parents in the country across media, commerce, and community.
The Director of Community/Ambassadors will manage our forthcoming community and ambassador program for both Scary Mommy and The Dad. Recruiting, rewarding and involving our most passionate fans/users in everything we do is a priority of ours. This role will serve as the leader/point person for this effort.
- Heavily involved in creating our Ambassador programs from scratch—how does someone qualify, what does she get and how does the program drive growth and insights for the brands
- Coordinating with Director of Marketing to promote where and how to recruit our Ambassadors
- High touch communication and interaction with Ambassadors to give away swag, products and other perks—and how to surprise and delight them
- Setting up and facilitating private groups, discussions and events with Ambassadors for them to interact with one another
- Facilitating feedback loop and infrastructure with Ambassadors and the brands so we can better understand how to improve the experience for all our users
- Soliciting Ambassador photos, videos, etc. to promote them on our social feeds
- 3+ years’ experience in digital marketing or VIP/community programs
- Experience with (or strong interest in) Ambassador/VIP Programs to drive growth
- Very strong organization skills
- Very strong customer service and high touch skills
- Very strong communication and team-working skills
We value creativity, analytical rigor, crazy initiative, humor and kindness. We work hard because we love what we do. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, challenging work, a passionate team that cares, and the chance to turn this industry on its head. And we’re excited to hear from you!
See Inside the Office of Some Spider Studios
Some Spider is home to two channels—Scary Mommy and Cafe. Scary Mommy is the biggest online parenting brand that reaches over 100 million people a month, while Cafe is the company’s 2016 breakout news and humor brand reaching over 60 million people a month. Both are tailor-made identity channels for new-media platforms, and the company is on the verge of adding more.
Back to top