Director, E-Commerce Performance Marketing
Some Spider Studios is a fast growing startup backed by leading VC's and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara from Diapers.com (sold to Amazon for $545mm). We’re home to Scary Mommy (largest mom media brand online) and The Dad (largest dad media brand online), as we seek to revolutionize the digital landscape for the 170 million parents in the country across media, commerce, community, etc. We've just launched our beta e-commerce store for Scary Mommy, are about do the same for The Dad (Oct 3) and will then debut our more full fledged commerce offering over the next several weeks, including thousands more products and the first marketplace for moms of its kind.
The Director of Marketing (Performance) is an analytical, creative digital marketing star who will be responsible for executing, optimizing, and scaling campaigns across Paid Social, SEM, and other online channels to drive customer acquisition for our ecommerce stores. This role will play a crucial role in efficiently bringing new customers to shop and helping us meet our revenue goals.
- Execute and optimize acquisition-focused digital marketing campaigns across a range of platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Adwords, etc
- Optimize CPA against LTV to ensure we are pushing forward efficiently with our acquisition efforts.
- Partner with the merchandising and creative teams, as well as third party marketing vendors to A/B test and hit scale and efficiency targets across campaigns.
- Manage affiliate program to drive ecommerce sales. Responsible for commission rate and campaign testing.
- Stay on top of industry trends and best digital marketing practices. Drive early adoption of new formats, targeting capabilities, etc.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses and deep dives on performance across platforms.
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing in digital, publishing/media, ecom, entertainment/humor brands a plus
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter) and how each platform can be deployed to meet marketing objectives. Experience optimizing and testing ad formats.
- Deep knowledge of SEM (Google/Bing) and experience optimizing small and large scale search campaigns.
- Strong analytical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- High level of comfort with data, reporting and analytics
- Very strong communication and team-working skills
Back to top